Friday, May 17, 2013

New Canning and Crochet Books


My birthday was a few weeks back and I got some wonderful new canning and crochet books: 

Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia by Robyn Chachula
- I can never have enough stitch dictionaries, which are basically lists of instructions on how to do different stitch patterns.

Creating Crochet Fabric by Dora Ohrenstein
- This book is supposed to be amazing if you write your own patterns--or have any interest in doing so.

Food in Jars by Marissa McClellan
- Food in Jars is one of my favorite canning websites so I definitely wanted the book.

The Joy of Pickling by Linda Zedrich
- We love pickles around here, so an entire book about pickling seemed like an obvious choice.

So far I've mostly just looked through them and picked out things I want to make--like Gingery Sweet Pickled Vegetables (Joy of Pickling) and Cantaloupe Jam with Vanilla (Food in Jars.)  I also did a little Tunisian crochet swatching from some stitch patterns in Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia for a possible summer scarf pattern.  (And learned I need more practice at Tunisian crochet.)  I'm sure I'll let you know as soon as I get around to making anything from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment